I'm working through the instructions on the mediaville.net site, but it's going to take a while from the looks of things.

How about my original question, just for the sake of it?

I can, for instance, easily create an AppleScript which tells BBEdit to validate a certain file and write the results to another file -- how hard would it be to hook in to that with a CGI script?