On Dec 4, 2004, at 2:44 PM, Carlos wrote:

I installed Perl a while back in order to write a few small scripts. I'm not real familiar with Perl, and now I'm getting the following errors:

syntax error at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm line 1177, near ") {"

Two questions:

First, what do you mean when you say "I installed Perl"? The error message above, and the output from "perl -v", both indicate that you're using the standard Perl that came pre-installed with Mac OS X, not one that you installed yourself.

What changes have you made in /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Config.pm? This file, as supplied with the OS, does not have any syntax errors in it.

sherm--