Sorry for cross-posting this, but i think it applies to both groups.

I'm trying to write a mod_perl script (for PerlRun) that will present an online interface to my Mac OS X Address Book. Using the standard method of connecting to the glue (new Mac::Glue 'Address Book') doesn't work; the webserver complains about not being able to connect to a window server. So, I'm using Remote Apple Events instead (yes, I remembered to turn them on in System Preferences):

my $book = new Mac::Glue 'Address Book',
        eppc => 'Address Book',
        'mac8.local' # hosts both the webserver + addressbook
        undef, undef, # uid & pid omitted
        'Mac8', 'mypass' # Mac8 is the Admin user & owner of addressbook

This line apparently causes the server child process to exit:

[Fri Jan 14 11:02:40 2005] [notice] child pid 6070 exit signal Bus error (10)

However, it works if I run it in a Terminal window (the remainder of the script successfully prints out a list of address groups). It even works when run in a Terminal window in a different, non-admin user account, as long as I include the admin username and pass, as above.

So, does anyone know why it's causing a "bus error" when I try to run it in the webserver? Is there a workaround?

Brian