For those who haven't seen, TextWrangler 2.0 -- which is basically a
slightly stripped-down version of BBEdit, without HTML tools and some other
things -- is now available, and free.

Free, as in beer.

And it handles all the same Perl stuff as its bigger sibling: syntax
coloring, running scripts, filters, debugging, viewing POD, etc.

   http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/

I think the only thing it cannot do that BBEdit does -- from what I can tell
-- is that it doesn't talk directly to Affrus (the perl debugger for Mac OS
X), like BBEdit can.

If you've always liked BBEdit for perl development, but didn't want to buy
it, then now's your chance.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/