Wow thanks for all the input! I'm slogging along with the Llama book, and I have some MySQL (new to that too) stuff working. I'm concerned, thought, that I'm creating a mess by installing modules and downloading stuff. Likewise I've been using CPAN with no clue as to what I'm doing. Is there a book or site that covers working with CPAN and using modules that is appropriate for Panther? Googling & the O'Reily Mac site have turned up lots of fixes for gotchas, but not much for the newbie.

That being said, is it normal that a lot of the CPAN stuff (of interest to me) is really old? It seems odd to be using 5 year old stuff!
Mike