On Feb 17, 2005, at 11:00 AM, Boysenberry Payne wrote:

I tried to reinstall as suggested and still get the same :
t/mysql.t                 68    3   4.41%  46-48
It fails on 46-48.

I'm still able to use it, so no big deal for me, but I would, like you
suggested, find out why it's not behaving as it should.

I get the same errors when testing. I guess 'force install' will have to do, for now.

According to Rudy Lippan on comp.db.mysql.perl, the error is caused by case-folding causing table file problems. He isn't that diplomatic, saying:

"IIRC, this is because OS X has a broken file system that does not know the
difference between 'File' and 'file', and since mysql just stores the table
names as files on disk, the caps in the test are screwing with the test results
(I think this might be fixed in CVS, but I'd have to check)."

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.mysql.perl/1483

A conversation last March on another forum was more detailed, but it appear that Lippan may be right:
http://www.mysqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/mysql-modules/245/Install- DBD-mysql-on-Mac-10-3-2

I, too, am not proficient at this, so duplicating results was the extent of my experiments.

Jason