CamelBones is a bridge that allows the creation of Cocoa applications in Perl.
This is the first beta release of 1.0.

Updates to the web site will be happening over the next few days.

Here are the release notes:

This new version of CamelBones features tight integration with the Objective-C
runtime. Perl classes are registered peers, capable of being subclasses of any
Objective-C class.

This new approach is a huge improvement over the old proxy-based bridge, and
makes a number of things possible with this new version that could not be done
previously:

    Support for Cocoa Bindings
    NSDocument-based applications
    Custom NSView subclasses

In addition, this version of CamelBones is based around a "support bundle"
architecture that makes it possible to build standalone applications that
require no external runtime framework, and run on any supported Mac OS X
release.

Also included with this package is a shared framework and Perl module that can
be used with standalone .pl scripts.

Known issues with this beta:

1. The binaries included with this beta do not work on Mac OS X 10.4
"Tiger". It has been tested with Tiger, however - a Tiger-compatible
release will follow soon after Apple's final public release of Tiger
itself.

2. Jaguar support is limited. Project and File templates are included only
for Xcode, not for Project Builder. I have no plans to keep PB support
up to date, although I could be convinced to do so if there's enough
demand.

3. Jaguar support is buggy. CamelBones applications should be able to run
on any support OS version - as of this beta that's Jaguar and Panther.
In this beta release, Jaguar support is buggy.

4. Building under the GNUStep environment is not supported in this beta.
I'd like to get around to fixing that, but it's a low priority for me;
it will happen much sooner if a GNUStep guru steps forward to help make
it happen.

5. It's a beta. Expect bugs, expect leaks, and *please* report them using
the bug reporting form at the SourceForge site.

sherm--