On Apr 23, 2005, at 9:32 PM, Rich Morin wrote:

If I do this, then Drag-copy the App to the Applications folder, the
magic takes effect.  I'd rather keep the App where it is, however.
Is there an easy way to tell OSX to pay attention to the Info.plist?

Have you tried this from the end user's perspective? That is, drag- copy the app from a .dmg to your hard drive. When I tried that with an app I'm working on, Finder registered the extension with Launch Services no matter where I dropped the app.

Also, you're aware that Xcode can create the proper Info.plist entries for you, right? Just "Get Info" on the target, and the bottom half of the "Properties" pane has a list of registered extensions for the app.

sherm--