On May 9, 2005, at 7:34 PM, Sherm Pendley wrote:

On May 9, 2005, at 7:04 PM, tense past wrote:

I'm trying to install LWP using CPAN on 10.4 (Tiger) and I am getting
this error:

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for libwww-perl
make: *** No rule to make target
`/System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/ config.h',
needed by `Makefile'. Stop.

Install Xcode. It's on your Tiger DVD.

To expand on that a bit - Make sure to install the "BSD SDK" when you install Xcode. That's the sub-package that includes Perl's header files. I can't recall offhand if it's installed by default or not. I *think* it is, but it's worth doing an "advanced install" and reviewing the selected sub-packages just to make sure.

sherm--