On May 18, 2005, at 2:42 PM, John Delacour wrote:

I installed 5.8.6 a long while ago under Panther and had everything just as I wanted it and had a lot of extra modules installed.

Now I've just installed Tiger and see that I'm back to the Apple default installation.

How to I revert to using the set-up I was using before the Tiger installation? Has Tiger wiped my installation?

If you used a prefix of /usr to install it under /System/Library, then yes, it got wiped - that's one reason why installing stuff under /System is such a bad idea. :-/

If you installed it under the default location /usr/local, then your old Perl 5.8.6 will still be there - if you made /usr/bin/perl a symlink to /usr/local/bin/perl, then the symlink would have been wiped out, but that's easy to fix.

sherm--