I would like a way (easy, if possible :-) to obtain a "bounding
box" for a PDF document.  That is, the smallest rectangle that
does not clip off any recognizable glyphs.  (I will probably
add a small margin for error, just to be "safe").

FWIW, I hope to use this information to adjust (e.g., scale and
translate) the document to have desired indentation and margins.
I have done the adjustment before, but I want to get "out of the
loop" of analyzing each document.

The "Hard Way" to accomplish this would be to obtain and analyze
a rasterized version of the document (as might be sent to a dot
matrix printer).  An "Easy Way" would be to find a way to get
OSX (or whatever) to tell me about the document.

Clues?  Suggestions?

-r
--
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com        - Canta Forda Computer Laboratory