These scripts used to work on Panther, but since I upgraded to Tiger, they no longer work. It seems that I can log in to the ftp server, but after that, nothing happens, and I get the time-out error. I am certainly doing something wrong.

If you disable the firewall, I'm presuming they'll work?

I don't remember the exact variable, but I *think* that adding PASSIVE_FTP=1 to your shell's startup should fix things up.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779