At 7:26 PM +0100 7/11/05, Adrian Howard wrote:

>> Christopher> Dear psync users,
>>
>> This may not help, but I'm about to be a former psync user, because
>> Tiger's "rsync" now understands the HFS fork, if you include -E.  This
>> presumably also includes the extended-access lists which psync won't
>> handle.
>
>Damn. That's useful to know. Thanks.

FWIW: you don't have to be on Tiger to use an hfs knowledgeable rsync.
Using the DarwinPorts system (and probably fink - though I haven't checked)
you can install hfsrsync.

I've not yet tried using it for a backup arrangement but it's been very
handy for shoving Mac files and folders around the network here: Jaguar,
Panther and a lone Tiger box.
--

Walter M. Pawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Wump Research & Company