At 9:57 pm +0000 11/1/06, John Delacour wrote:

The error I get both when I use CPAN and when, later, I try without CPAN, is the same in both cases:

Can't locate PDL/Config.pm in @INC (@INC ...
BAD2_demo.pm.PL line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at BAD2_demo.pm.PL line 12.
make[1]: *** [BAD2_demo.pm] Error 2
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
Eremita:~/Downloads_060101/PDL-2.4.2 root#

BAD2_demo.pm.PL line 12. reads:  use PDL::Config; !

Am I doing something stupid or is there an error in the make file?

I finally succeeeded in installing PDL (a great victory after such a history of failure!) by manually creating directory PDL in my path and putting Config.pm in this folder, which I have now removed. CPAN also reports that PDL is up to date, so let's hope that's true.

Nevertheless I'm curious to know why the install routine did not add Config.pm to the path, since what it seemed to be saying is, "You can't install PDL because you haven't installed PDL!"

JD