On Mon, 15 May 2006, David H. Adler wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 03:37:08PM -0700, Jan Dubois wrote:
> > You should be able to do this with the Tcl::Tk module:
> >
> >     http://search.cpan.org/~vkon/Tcl-Tk/
> >
> > The Tkx module provides a nice interface on top of Tcl::Tk:
> >
> >     http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/Tkx/
> >
> > I have not tried this on OS X though, so it is possible that the
> > modules don't work out of the box there.
>
> I haven't checked lately, but it used to be that Perl/Tk wouldn't
> compile on OS X unless you configured your perl a certain way. This
> may have changed since I last looked, but be sure to look over the
> docs if you hit any problems, as that might be it.

Tcl::Tk and Tkx don't use the Perl/Tk module; they call the Tcl/Tk code
directly. That way you get access to the latest widgets supported by
Tcl/Tk. Of course you need a working Tcl installation in addition to
just Perl. We use this at ActiveState to create natively themed cross
platform Perl applications for Windows, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX.

I have heard from other people at ActiveState that they got this to work
on OS X too, but I don't remember if they had to do anything special.

Cheers,
-Jan