Hiya folks.  Just letting anyone who is curious know:

I got a loaner Intel Mac mini from Apple for the next month, and have begun
porting Mac::Carbon, and the initial results are very encouraging.  In my
first evening I eliminated all test failures, and fixed two other
untested-for bugs.

That they were untested tells you I have more work to do, and I hope to
take the opportunity to shore up the test suite, but last night I got
Mac::Glue working, so it's going well.

I'll be giving a short (20 minutes, I think) talk on this at YAPC later
this month, just after the computer is due back at Apple.  So by then, I
plan to have new Intel-compatible releases of the
Mac::Carbon/AppleEvents/OSA/Glue modules on the CPAN, along with my notes
and so on.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Technology Group       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://ostg.com/