At 9:01 AM -0400 6/7/06, Vic Norton wrote:
Sorry. This is the wrong list to ask this question, but it's the only
Mac list I belong to.

Yesterday I was told that a chip maker other than Intel will be
supplying chips for Macs sometime in the not too distant future. Is
there any credence to this assertion. If so, what chip maker?

It seems unlikely that that would happen anytime in the near future. From what I've seen everyone is pretty clear on what chips will be used in the upcoming tower machines, as well as the next gen Powerbooks. I don't think Apple would want to introduce any more variables into a critical migration like this.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.marrowbones.com/commons/technosocial/ Musings on Technology and Society

everyone else's.