On Jun 15, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote:

I don't recall those questions at all, however it is not at all obvious that 'HEAD' is going to replace 'head'. I'm not sure I understand the earlier comment about case insensitive filesystems. Certainly, OS X is not case insensitive at the CLI level, although 'Finder' is.

That's complete nonsense, as the simplest test will show:

        ~ sherm$ echo "Hello world" > head
        ~ sherm$ cat HEAD
        Hello world

HFS+ is a case-insensitive file system. Finder has nothing whatsoever to do with it - it's just a user-level file manager.

sherm--