This has been a bugger for me too.
I'm using OS X 10.4.7 and get the following when I try
to make test on Math-Pari-2.010706.

cd libPARI && make LIBPERL_A="libperl.a" LINKTYPE="dynamic" OPTIMIZE="-O1" PREFIX="/usr/local" PASTHRU_DEFINE="" PASTHRU_INC=""
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00_Pari............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_analyz..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_ellglobalred....dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_elliptic........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_galois..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_graph...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_intnum..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_linear..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_nfields.........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_number..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_objets..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_ploth...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_polyser.........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_program.........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_qfbsolve........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_rfrac...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_round4..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_stark...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_sumiter.........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/55_trans...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/PlotRect...........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
t/zz_leak............dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 10, 0xa)
FAILED--22 test scripts could be run, alas--no output ever seen
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

Anyone know what's wrong?
I've built and rebuilt both GMP and Pari and after several
hours of compiling I'm still not able to install Net::SSH::Perl
because of Math::Pari.  I don't remember it being so hard
on Panther...

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com