On 2006/10/29, at 7:06, Joel Rees wrote:

The perldoc on CPAN suggests CPANPLUS but doesn't describe how to access it or read the documentation.

I tried perldoc CPANPLUS and perldoc cpanplus and perl -MCPANPLUS - e shell, but perl says it can't find any such thing.

I guess, if we want to use it we have to load it, that even though the CPAN perldoc seems to strongly urge its use, it is not yet distributed in the source of perl as CPAN is?

So I StheFriendlyW as I should have done first, and I find

    http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/03/26/cpanplus.html
    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=cpanplus

and

    http://cpanplus.sourceforge.net/

which either auto-redirects or is aliased (don't want to take time to figure out which) to

    http://cpanplus.dwim.org/

where it says that cpan++ will become part of the core in perl 5.10 under a different, yet to be determined, name.

So, yeah, if I decide to use it, I guess I have to either download and install it by hand or install it from CPAN :-o. (Have I asked about this before and forgotten?)

I see there is a Bundle::CPANPLUS on CPAN. (Version 0.01? developer level? or just so straightforward there isn't anything to fix?)

Sorry about the noise.