I have a Perl program that gets the date of a file using 'ctime' from "use Time::localtime;" But this program must also convert an Epoch time to a date and time using 'localtime' from "use Time::Local;". The problem is it appears that only one of these modules can be used in a single program. Not both since a localtime subroutine exist as the same name in both modules.  How can I support using both modules in the same program?. Here are the snippits:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time:localtime;
use Time:Local;

#needs Time::Local........
sub convertEPOCHtime ($) {
    my $time = $_[0];
    my ($seconds, $minutes, $hours, $day_of_month, $month, $year, $wday, $yday, $isdst) = localtime ($time);
    $year += 1900;
    my @themonths = ("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec");
    my @weekdays = ("xxx", "Sat", "Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thr", "Fri", );
    if ($hours < 10) {
        $hours = '0' . "$hours";
    }
    my $datestring = "$weekdays[$wday] $themonths[$month] $day_of_month ${hours}:${minutes} $year";
    return ($datestring);
}

# needs Time::localtime........
sub FILEdate ($) {
    my $filename = $_[0];
    my $as_of_date = ctime(stat("$filename")->mtime);
    return ($as_of_date);
}

--

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649
http://www.logiqwest.com/

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.