On 平成 19/01/10, at 9:25, Jesse Engel wrote:

hmm, no, just the default /usr/bin/perl. i've thought about installing 5.8.8, but haven't yet. i changed my shell to bash (doesn't everyone?) in both xterm and apple_terminal and i did make a
.bashrc in which i changed the default value of $PATH to this:
PATH=$PATH":/sw/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/ sw/share/doc/man"

Some reason for having a man directory in your executable path? Would you perhaps prefer to set a manpath (man man)?

Or maybe I'm just busybodying, in which case just ignore me.