Hello all,

Have a new MBP, 17 inch :-) I need to install many many things new.

First I installed a new Perl 5.8.8 in /usr/local/ - Apple's OSX is
up-to-date and Xcode installed!

First something, where I am not sure about: I made

% mv /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl_out
% ln /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 /usr/bin/perl

Is this right?

Now, my question about installing LWP: I tried to install LWP with cpan, but
got some test-errors (end of posting).

Then I tried to install everything by hand. The modules, which are needed
before the install of LWP I installed by hand:

  URI
  MIME-Base64
  HTML-Parser
  libnet
  Digest-MD5
  Compress-Zlib

Out of my folder: /usr/local/src/

But now the same errors from "make test" as before (end of posting). I
thought probably I have to switch on the Apache-Server and I started the
"Personal File Sharing" in my Sharing-Pref-Panel. Same errors!

Could be somebody help me out? Thank you in advance!

marek

live/apache-listing....ok
live/apache............FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
live/jigsaw-auth-b.....ok
live/jigsaw-auth-d.....ok
live/jigsaw-chunk......ok
live/jigsaw-md5-get....FAILED test 2
        Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
live/jigsaw-md5........FAILED test 2
        Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
live/jigsaw-neg-get....ok
live/jigsaw-neg........ok
live/jigsaw-te.........ok
Failed Test           Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
---
live/apache.t                        1    1  1
live/jigsaw-md5-get.t                2    1  2
live/jigsaw-md5.t                    2    1  2
Failed 3/41 test scripts. 3/831 subtests failed.
Files=41, Tests=831, 73 wallclock secs ( 2.66 cusr +  0.59 csys =  3.25 CPU)
Failed 3/41 test programs. 3/831 subtests failed.
make: *** [test] Error 2