I should have guessed. No one in their right mind would be up this early. :-)

I tried Dumper and sure enough there was something in 'errorMessage' (I wonder why it didn't give me an error return?). It said "Bad Filter" so now I have something to work with. Thanks.

On Nov 27, 2007, at 7:46 AM, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

Heh, I am in Stockholm, Central European Time. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Putnam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: den 27 november 2007 13:42
To: macosx@perl.org
Cc: Jeremiah Foster
Subject: Re: ldapsearch equivalent with Net::LDAP

Thanks again. I see you are an early riser too. No, I am not
familiar with that (I'm not a Perl expert either). I'll look
it up and see what it can give me.

On Nov 27, 2007, at 7:17 AM, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

Did you try using Data::Dumper? It is a built-in module and is
incredibly useful. You can use it to dump out the contents of $mesg
for example.