My guess is a dependency wasn't set up right. Try installing the module it's complaining about:

http://search.cpan.org/~schwigon/Class-MethodMaker/lib/Class/MethodMaker.pm

And see if Term::ProgressBar installs properly then.

John

On Sunday Feb 3, 2008 3:41 PM, at 3:41 PM, Timothy Bailey wrote:

I've just bought a new Mac with Leopard preinstalled, and am getting it set up, including my Perl programs. (I've actually skipped Tiger entirely; the old computer is on Panther.) They depend on a number of CPAN modules, and I am having trouble getting the modules installed. I've installed the Developer Tools, updated CPAN, and it sort of installed Term::ProgressBar (the first module one I tried). However, it's giving me some complaints about being unable to find Class/MethodMaker.pm both when I try installs in CPAN and when I try to run my test programs. Below is an excerpt. Does anyone have any guidance? I'm not finding anything useful on the Web. Thanks your your help.

cpan[4]> force install Term::ProgressBar
Running install for module 'Term::ProgressBar'
Running Build for F/FL/FLUFFY/Term-ProgressBar-2.09.tar.gz
Has already been unwrapped into directory /Users/ timothybailey/.cpan/build/Term-ProgressBar-2.09-l4oWzH
 Has already been made
Running Build test
t/0-signature......ok
t/compat...........Can't locate Class/MethodMaker.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Users/timothybailey/.cpan/build/Term-ProgressBar-2.09- l4oWzH/blib/lib