On 7 Jan 2009, at 16:19, Chas. Owens wrote:

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:13, Adam Witney <awit...@sgul.ac.uk> wrote:

Try adding this to your ~/.profile

export PERL5LIB=${PERL5LIB}:/opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8

OS X 10.5 (or at least my version of 10.5) uses ~/.bash_profile not
~/.profile for user overrides to the default profile (/etc/bashrc).
If this is a multiuser machine and you want the other users to see the modules as well you can set it in the default profile instead of your
own.

I think either ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile will work. My ~/.profile was
created by a previous fink installation if i remember correctly.

Check .bash_profile, there is probably a line like

. ~/.profile

in it. I don't think it was Fink that added that, Fink has always just added

test -r /sw/bin/init.sh && . /sw/bin/init.sh

to my ~/.bash_profile.

I don't have a ~/.bash_profile :-)