At 13:04 +0100 15/9/09, Mine wrote:

I am not quite sure which is the main Perl folder. /usr/local/bin contains two Unix executable Perl files — Perl and
Perl 5.10.1. I assume that this should be the first directory.

In /usr/bin/ you should have a link which will point to the default version of Perl -- Eg:

?$  cd /usr/bin/; ls -al

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 25 Dec 19  2008 perl -> /usr/local/bin/perl5.10.0

You can delete this link and create a new one to point to the Perl binary you want to use. I seem to recall that you need to log out and log in again for the link to show up correctly in the /usr/bin/ listing.

JD