On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:43:36 -0700, Aaron Siegel wrote:

>I would like the ability to extract the creator and file type from the file so
>I can automate the renaming of Macintosh filenames to Windows filenames.
>MacPerl::GetFileInfo

If you have access to some Mac, you could convert the files to
MacBinary, extension .bin. That makes it a flat file, and creator/file
type are part of the header. There are some ancient, Mac Classic,
conversion utilities floating around.

Or, you could go frisky and go take a peek to what's in the hidden
".AppleDouble" subfolder, if that's indeed what your file system uses.

--
        Bart.