At 20:20 +0200 2002.09.11, Bart Lateur wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:30:05 -0700, Mark Wheeler wrote:
>
>>This is my first post and have a quick question. I am trying to add
>>MIME::Lite to my MIME folder in my Lib forlder. but I can't seem to extract
>>the latest version of MIME::Lite. It is a tar.gz file. Unstuffit expands the
>>..gz part, but can't do anything with the tar part.
>
>Use CPAN-mac. It comes with a few droplets, named "untargzipme" and
>"installme". One of those should do whatever you want done.
>
>CPAN-mac comes with MacPerl5.6.x. Look in a folder named "droplets" in
>MacPerl's own root folder.

Just as a point of clarification to avoid potential problems: technically,
"cpan-mac" was the name of a distribution, one that worked ONLY with
MacPerl 5.2.0r4 (and a few versions before it).  What was included in
cpan-mac, as Bart said, is now included in MacPerl 5.6 and later, but it is
no longer called cpan-mac (since it is not a separate distribution), and
installing cpan-mac on MacPerl 5.6 will break things.

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/