On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:45 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

That said, as long as I'm the only user of find (as I believe is the case) I am tempted to make some changes to the API. For example, the filter really should be an expr expression by default (as is the case with if/while/etc.), and the $filename variable really should have its name specified in the call, so it doesn't override an existing $filename (i.e. find basedir {filter} filevarname {some expression with $filevarname} ).

As the author of that find function, both of those changes seem reasonable to me. In hindsight, I should have at least buried the "magic $filename variable" behind an underscore or something, but making it non-magic is an even better idea (sort of similar to parameters in ruby blocks).

- Jordan