On Aug 13, 2007, at 17:05, N_Ox wrote:

Le 14 août 07 à 01:49, Landon Fuller a écrit :

On Aug 10, 2007, at 18:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why you don't just fetch from CVS all the time

Why do we allow fetching from CVS in the standard ports tree? There's no way to validate the downloaded files (ie, checksums), and it's completely non-deterministic.

You're quite right about the checksums, but the policy is to never export trunk but use specific revision numbers, so we are pretty sure we always fetch the same thing.

Given that, the export should just be tar'd up and placed somewhere for download -- then checksums can be checked.

-landonf