On Nov 12, 2007, at 03:58, Anders F Björklund wrote:

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

Hi! You're receiving this email because a MacPorts port you maintain uses the Tcl command "cd" to change into a directory for some reason. The "cd" command has been deemed harmful for MacPorts, so a future version of MacPorts will hide it from portfiles [1]. (MacPorts trunk already does [2].) Therefore it's necessary to remove this command everywhere it occurs in your portfiles, so that your ports continue to function in future versions of MacPorts.

To see everywhere in your ports where the "cd" command is currently being used, you can use a command like this in the Terminal (replacing "EMAIL" with your maintainer email address (to which this email was sent)):

port file maintainer:EMAIL \
| xargs grep "[[:space:]]cd[[:space:]]" \
| grep -v "system[[:space:]]"

I think I fixed my ports, so maybe there is a bug report in your grep/regexp ?

Or maybe I missed one, in that case I'm thankful for an email or bug report...

Anders, i386-mingw32-libunicows still uses "cd" in its post-destroot.