On 5 Jan 2008, at 22:42, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On Jan 3, 2008, at 05:11, Anders F Björklund wrote:

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

Perhaps, but these -devel ports usally build from tip of trunk so they all had revision "0"...

Ports should never build from tip of trunk or HEAD or similar concepts.....

These do.

But that's not reproducible, and I thought we always wanted that. If I install a specific version of a port today, I should get the same software if I install that same version of that port tomorrow. By fetching from HEAD, you break that assumption.

Not sure what the alternative would be, should I set up a cron job to commit a Portfile daily ?

I see for example that Markus commits a new version of gcc43 every week or so. I hope he tests it before committing, however.

I do.

Regards,

-Markus

--