Oh, and: darwinports dot com is not a mirror of the MacPorts project. Rather, it is merely a different front-end to view the available ports, and it also contains (probably incorrect) instructions for installing and using MacPorts.

I'm changing the subject line to a non-link so that we don't drive even more traffic to this inconvenient web site.