On 12/01/2008, at 10:24 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

I was led to believe that an epoch should never be decreased, ever, once it has been added to a portfile, even if the port's version is increased. I understood that the epoch takes precedence over the version.

I'm pretty sure that that's still true; I haven't seen that part of the code altered. I noticed last year that netpbm failed to upgrade on my machine until I forced it because somebody removed the epoch line in an earlier revision, in which case epoch is assumed to be zero.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)