Hi Rolf,

as you (perhaps) now, there is a linking problem with gtkglext on leopard
that is fixed (#13624) ...

the maintainer doesn't react, so I would send him an email and wait
72 hours before commiting the update. (after sign in for commiter
is done)

but all applications using gtkglxt have to get updated too (#13737)
Soo - what should I do? Wait for all maintainers (if avail) to change
the portfiles? - Do an automatic mass update? (Some shell script
which appends the portfiles and commits them (one by one))?
Write all maintainers to change their portfiles?

The documentation state this problem as an exception to the rules
of changing only one file per time/wait for the maintainers...

what is your opinion/recommandation?

First of all, thanks for the fix to gtkglext. I'd have tested your patch with a view to committing it a while ago, but I don't have Leopard. And congratulations on becoming a committer!

As for the updates to other ports, if it's only a matter of re- enabling gtkglext support at configure/build time, then I think that the normal "72-hour wait then commit" policy is in order. (If you do do that, don't forget to bump the revision number in the port so that users get the change, unless it's only in a variant; I still miss that occasionally.) If, on the other hand, the port depending on gtkglext needs more extensive work, I'd wait to consult with the port maintainer.

Finally, as for how to do the patches to the ports. Personally, if the patches are all virtually identical (e.g. just adding a "--with- gtkglext" to configure.args), then I'd be happy doing it in one patch. However, I'd split off into separate patches anything that was a little different (or significantly different) from the others, just so it's easier to revert and fix just in case an unforeseen problem comes up.

I hope that the above seems sensible and useful. And, once again, welcome to the committers' club!

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)