So I just received the following automated e-mail. While I think automated portlint is great, I'm wondering why we need a new ".diff" Official Policy just to appease certain people's editors.

Begin forwarded message:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: February 6, 2008 05:17:47 PST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MacPorts Lint] Portfile Lint Errors for: dpkg

Portfile: dpkg

 Errors: Warning: Line 4 should be a newline (after PortSystem)
Warning: Line 33 has trailing whitespace before newline
Warning: Patchfile patch-config.h.in does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-configure does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-configure.in does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-lib_utils.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-lib_tarfn.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-main_remove.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-utils_Makefile.in does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-main_archives.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-archtable does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-include_parsedump.h does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile patch-utils_start-stop-daemon.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff" Warning: Patchfile bsd/patch-main_help.c does not follow the source patch naming policy "patch-*.diff"