On Feb 4, 2008, at 12:39, Rainer Müller wrote:

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

I have been adding "(default)" to the ends of descriptions of all variants which are enabled by default. I think it's very clear -- much clearer than an asterisk.

It is not possible to put "(default)" behind each variant in port info, do you agree on that? And if we choose a mark it should be consistent.

I personally am being consistent in using "(default)" at the end of variant descriptions, when there are a group of conflicting variants (e.g. radio buttons). That is, if I remember to put anything at all, that's what I put. I may have forgotten to put it in some of my ports. I agree it would be better if MacPorts base would figure this out and mark it for us. Then I could remove this from the portfiles.