still slow here:

--->  Attempting to fetch openssl-1.0.0h.tar.gz from
http://distfiles.macports.org/openssl
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  2 3953k    2  101k    0     0   3496      0  0:19:17  0:00:29  0:18:48  6134

--
Daniel J. Luke