At 5:06 PM -0500 12/30/13, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Dec 30, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctrelea...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Yes, that would be expected behaviour. MacPorts has no way of knowing that the link was created so it ends up pointing to a now-deleted file after an uninstall.

Where do the links come from? Are they created by MythTV at runtime?

If MacPorts' MythTV creates symlinks in ${applications_dir} at runtime, you should add a post-deactivate phase that deletes the symlinks.

Hmmm, Marko said LaunchPad but I was thinking of one of the third party launching utilities. I don't actually use Apple's LaunchPad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5548

Myth installs double-clickable Applescript helpers that you can drag to the Dock--which auto-magically creates a link. What I've experienced is that when Myth is uninstalled, the link on the Dock remains. Perhaps LaunchPad is doing the same. The Myth ports DO clean up after themselves.

Craig