includes/common.inc in the repository says:

# Ports database connection parameters:
$portsdb_host = 'localhost';
$portsdb_name = 'macports';
$portsdb_user = 'macports';
$portsdb_passwd =
trim(file_get_contents('/opt/local/share/macports/resources/portmgr/script_data'));

It’s been connecting to localhost at least since r28377 (in 2007).

I can change it to data.macports.org…

Or does it say something different than localhost in the copy that’s on the
server?

On Mar 17, 2014, at 15:58, Shreeraj Karulkar <skarul...@apple.com> wrote:

> Ryan
> MySQL is not running on www.macports.org. There is no startup file in the
> /etc/ini.d/  and that is something that was not changed as a part of
> migration. I also did not see an entry for local host in
> "/var/www/html/includes/common.inc”, but then it might be another file.
> MySQL  runs on data.macports.org and www.macports is able to connect to it at
> port 3306.
>
> Shree
>

> On Mar 17, 2014, at 1:35 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Shree, thanks for your reply:
>>

>> On Mar 17, 2014, at 14:43, Shreeraj Karulkar wrote:
>>
>>> 1) MySQL database: I have enabled access from the www.macports server and
>>> tested access successfully. Restarted mysqld on the data server and
>>> restarted httpd on the www server. I still can’t get to
>>> https://www.macports.org/ports.php. There is something missing that I can’t
>>> figure out.
>>
>> The web site is trying to connect to a MySQL server running on localhost
>> (i.e. running on the same machine serving www.macports.org). Is the MySQL
>> server now running on a different server? If so, we need to plug its address
>> into the includes/common.inc file.
>>
>>> 2) Ping issue: I have reopened the ticket which IS&T had resolved earlier.
>>> <exp2://Ticket/18419273> 3/17 FireWall Rules for Mac OS Forge - ICMP . Will
>>> let you know as soon as I find out.
>>>
>>> 3) Buildbot/Slaves: While all the build-slaves seem to be compiling fine
>>> you are probably referring to the deploy_archives.sh is failing for
>>> Mavericks right? I have tried send a file via rsync with similar options
>>> (-rlDzv) from build.macports to rsync.macports and it went through
>>> successfully. I also did a su to user buildbot and sent a test file through
>>> successfully. It did prompt me to accept the RSA key though. Can you check