On Jun 6, 2014, at 6:29 AM, Clemens Lang <c...@macports.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Why does it hardcode -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 anyway? Seems like it
>> should be using $macosx_deployment_target there.
>
> I don't know. Landon?

I originally wrote this to also work outside of MacPorts; the code was written
to be binary compatible with systems >= 10.4, while using runtime resolution of
weak symbols to default to newer APIs when available. Unfortunately, since 10.4
is lacking modern niceties, simple features such as for-in (for X in
id<NSFastEnumeration>) are unavailable.

Additionally, the -mmacosx-version-min flag is also used by Apple's headers
control deprecation warning behavior, e.g, if targeting 10.4, then APIs
deprecated in later releases will not trigger deprecation warnings (and you can
build with -Werror).

-landonf