At 3:35 PM +0000 11/12/14, William Gallafent wrote:
On 12 November 2014 15:26, Daniel J. Luke <<mailto:dl...@geeklair.net>dl...@geeklair.net> wrote: > On Nov 12, 2014, at 5:45 AM, William Gallafent <<mailto:will...@gallaf.net>will...@gallaf.net> wrote:
According to <https://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.fetch.git>https://guide.macports.org/#reference.phases.fetch.git I am able to set the url and tag to fetch Š but for a particular port I'm playing with I also need to add the "--recursive" option in order to get the submodules in place. Alternatively, I would need to run "git submodule update --init --recursive" immediately after the fetch.

 Any thoughts or advice?

First, be sure you actually need to use git to fetch the source (it's /much/ better to pull a tarball than to pull source from git/mercurial/svn/cvs/whatever).

Fair point! The only links given to source for this project are to git repositories, unfortunately - <http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads>http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads Š if there's a location from which I may download source tarballs, then so much the better, but I haven't found one yet!

What's wrong with:

http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/linphone/3.7.x/sources/linphone-3.7.0.tar.gz

Craig