On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2015, at 10:03 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>> Are you building in parallel? If so, try not building in parallel, i.e.
>>> using
>>>
>>> sudo port install py35-pyobjc-cocoa build.jobs=1
>>>
>>> Clang can take more memory than gcc-4.2 did, sometimes a lot more, and this
>>> may have been worse with the old versions of Clang you'll find on 10.7.
>>>
>>> If it's taking more memory than you have physically installed in the
>>> machine, that will result in swapping, which will be very slow, so if you
>>> can limit the number of clang processes being started, by not building in
>>> parallel, that could end up being faster than building in parallel but
>>> swapping.
>>
>> Given what you have written above: should I try using the latest clang
>> compiler then?
>
> Sure, that would be another thing you could try:
>
> sudo port install py35-pyobjc-cocoa configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.7

I'm sorry. I forgot to check the details. The current version (3.0.1)
builds just fine. It's version 3.0.4 that hangs. I must have tried to
upgrade to 3.0.4 a while back when there was still no support for 3.5,
so I had to look into the port and then I forgot about the problem
when building other ports.

Does version 3.0.4 work for you?

Mojca