On 26/11/15 15:16, Mark Brethen wrote:

On Nov 26, 2015, at 9:07 AM, Brandon Allbery <allber...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Mark Brethen <mark.bret...@gmail.com> wrote:
says "symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64" instead of "symbol(s) not
found for architecture i386”. Can I tweak my build settings to allow a 32-bit build?

"build_arch i386" in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf to force all builds
to be 32 bit; otherwise, you probably want +universal on a case by case basis. What are
you trying to accomplish?

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net

I suspect the source does not support 64-bit builds. How do I tweak the port to
build universal? Is there an example port I could look at?

What source are we taking about ? If it doesn't support 64 bit (these days, rally ?) then it is either for some very particular reason, or just isn't that well maintained ...