On Dec 3, 2015, at 19:29, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

>> On Dec 3, 2015, at 8:19 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Send a pull request to add the equivalent MacPorts instructions.
>
> A bit off-topic, but here's a good one:
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/17

I didn't read the whole thing but that pull request looks like unconstructive
trolling. I was suggesting we submit a constructive pull request, not to
replace the Homebrew instructions with MacPorts ones as a joke, but to
supplement them for the benefit of users who might want to use one or the
other. It's natural that some developers or teams of developers might prefer
one package manager or the other, and it's not unexpected that they would write
instructions for the package manager with which they're familiar. We can gently
remind them that we also exist, and provide a pull request to show both
solutions with equal weight. Fink instructions could also be added, if anyone
knows what the instructions are to install with Fink, and if anyone knows if
these programs are available in Fink and what the packages are called there.