On Wednesday January 13 2016 10:53:49 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> Yes exactly, once an application has been released based on Qt5/KF5 it
> shouldn't be coinstallable with the same application that is
> Qt4/kdelibs4 based. Most (and eventually all) kf5 based applications

Shouldn't, or isn't expected to be?

> any settings. Also both kdelibs4 based and kf5 based binaries, shared
> data files etc would conflict if both were installed at once.

The binaries are mostly not an issue under MacPorts, the shared files sometimes
a bit more, like for icon files.
But I currently have both Kate4 and Kate5, KDevelop4 and KDevelop5 installed,
idem for Kompare and Konsole (the latter is basically unusable but because of
issues in Qt).

R.