On 2016-8-11 04:09 , Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Aug 10, 2016, at 4:37 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandes...@macports.org> wrote:

We also still need to decide how to differentiate the URLs for libc++ packages
from the URLs of the existing libstdc++ packages. One suggestion was to add
cxx_stdlib as a variable in archive_sites.conf, and upload the libc++ archives
with the same names as the libstdc++ archives but in a new subdirectory, e.g.
https://packages.macports.org/libc++/.

One downside of using identical archive names is that we'd be unable to
differentiate local libstdc++ archives from libc++ ones based on file name.
This distinction could be used to rebuild packages after changing cxx_stdlib,
for instance.

There are probably better places to keep metadata than a 255 character filename though.

- Josh