On Friday October 07 2016 11:43:48 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

[was Re: dbusmenu-qt5 build failure on 10.7 and 10.8 buildbots because of using
libstdc++]

> it might be useful to refine this mechanism to allow something like
> "configure.compiler.cxx macports-gcc-XYZ", which would add a direct
> library dependency on libgcc (among other things).

Yep, that sounds like a good idea, but can that not be handled by the existing
configure.cxx syntax?

BTW: how risky is it to replace libc++ on newer OS X versions which do in fact
provide them?

And since we're talking about runtimes: is it even possible to upgrade the
ObjectiveC runtime, as far as that is of any interest when you don't upgrade
the rest of the SDK using it?

R.