On 2016-11-12 11:25, Johannes Kastl wrote:
> Searching for lowercase vlc gives one result, UPPERCASE VLC gives
> some more.
>
> Is this intended behaviour? I just had a look and the port really is
> named VLC, but installing it via "port install vlc" works. I would
> propose ignoring case during the search. Just my 2c.

No it is not intended behavior. Matching with the preferred "contains"
mode already ignores case:

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status
=new&status=reopened&port=VLC&col=id&col=summary&col=port&col=status&c
ol=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=time&col=changetime&order=priority

The form on the Tickets page in the wiki [1] is not working correctly
since our update to Trac 1.0. At the same time, we switched the port
field to list format instead of the plain format. The result seems to be
that the argument "port_mode=~" is ignored and the query uses the "is"
matching behavior.

Rainer

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Tickets